Thursday, March 27, 2014

The Wheels are Turning!



This is only my second post of the year...I've truly missed the blogging world, although I have been reading some great posts, and keeping in touch via Facebook.

Picture: The South Florida Fair came in January. I mainly go to watch the people, and maybe eat some of the food. I think it helps keep me away from fried foods for quite a while after. What do you like most about going to fairs?

Exciting news on the writing front: I've recently completed an early reader picture book that is now being illustrated. That will be a pretty exciting little series for youngsters. Can't wait to reveal more on the project within the next couple of months.

And just less than a few minutes ago, I put the finishing touches on a novel that Jay Noel and I have been working on for years now. It's very exciting!! We really look forward to sharing this little gem with you all in the next few months.

What have you been up to? Any exciting news you'd like to share?



Miranda

12 comments:

Pat Hatt said...

Back you are, fairs and writing and eating nasty food, sounds like fun was had haha

Jay Noel said...

People watching = my favorite past time

And yes, I'm looking forward to letting everyone know about our secret project!

Monica Mansfield said...

I'm glad you've been productive in your blogging absence! I also just finished the first draft of a novel I was working on for two years. I've started working on a new story to give myself some space before I go back for all the edits waiting for me. Can't wait to hear more about your projects!

Mark Noce said...

Sounds like a fun fair, and congrats on your picture book:) I just finished the first draft of a new novel today! Now to get on with the edits and rewrites:)

Medeia Sharif said...

All exciting writing stuff. :) I missed the fair in my part of Florida. I spent spring break writing.

Slamdunk said...

Food is always a big attraction at our fair. We actually enjoy looking at the farm animals that all the locals bring to show. The smell is not the greatest, but with our youngest being a farm animal fan, it works well to entertain him.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I haven't been to a fair in a while but the food is the best part. I'm not a ride person. They always make me sick. Happy blitz day.

Kelley said...

Happy Blog Blitz! It's wonderful to meet you!

Masquerade Crew said...

The last time I went to a fair I was probably a little kid. Don't really remember a time since then.

Not sure if this was the last time, but I remember going with my grandpa. He died in 1995, so it was probably 1994 or the year before. We got in for free because we brought a canned food item.

Visit us during the A to Z Challenge. We're featuring authors who are more than writers. Click HERE.

Carmen N said...

How exciting! We're just getting to the stage of first-readers. She still only knows pictures, but I don't think it will be long now...

Catherine Stine said...

Ah, the pix of the Ferris Wheel really reminds me of spring! And I think it's finally here. The park down the street from me is bursting with daffodils. Sounds like you've gotten some good projects done. As for me? I just finished book 2 of a new adult romance.

Maria Dunn said...

Hi Miranda, Congratulations on your successes with the almost complete novel and the picture book. What I like about the fair is watching the fun my children have and the food I shouldn't be having. At our fair we also have the 4-H competitions and its fun to go and check out the ribbons the children and friends have received as well as the local talent. Enjoy your blitz. Maria